Top Ten Trends in Publishing Every Author Needs to Know in 2017
What does 2017 have in store for authors? If you haven’t had a chance to read forecasts and predictions for the coming year, fear not. We have read all of the top articles written by industry professionals and top indie authors so you don’t have to.
We also reached out to some of our industry friends to see what their thoughts are. Below we have compiled a list of the top 10 trends in publishing that will impact indie authors the most, with specific takeaways on how you can best navigate them.
1. The Majority of Fiction Sales will Come from eBooks
2. Indie Authors and Small Presses will Dominate
3. Amazon Imprints will Command Top Spots
4. Kindle Unlimited Readership will Continue to Grow
5. Crowding will Result in Increased Competition
6. Audiobooks will Gain in Popularity
7. Marketing will Determine the Winners
8. The Performance of Facebook Ads will Decline
9. International Audiences Provide Opportunities for Growth
The BookTown Team consists of the Mayor and his Deputy Mayor. We do our best to bring the best, new and evolving information where the indie publishing world is concerned. If you want to write a guest article contact us at BookTownUSA@gmail.com.