10 Great Ways to Promote Yourself As An Author
- Include links to your Point of Sale (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple).
- Make sure to include a sign-up page or link for signing up to your newsletter.
- Be sure to use photos and graphics in your website.
- Social media is effective because you can have a conversation with the readers of your books.
- Join readers groups, writers groups, and book clubs, in social media and interact with other authors and readers.
- Certain social media sites such as Goodreads will allow you to set up a blog on their site. It’s also important to create an author page on these sites, which is a very effective way of branding yourself.
- Provide interesting content, photos, and humor in your posts on your social media sites. If all you do is promote your book you will not be able to maintain interest in the long run.