Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday Trailer: Altered by Laura Burks


ALTERED 
by LAURA BURKS


For a moment, I stood my ground, trying to keep myself focused. My hand trembled as I reached toward him. His touch was gentle and all I could think of was his hand in mine. The smell of leather on his skin started to play with my emotions as the look in his eyes burned into me. Snap out of it! I shouted in my head. I had to put my priorities in order. 
Days ago he warned me to stay indoors. That was the night of the robbery.  He was a criminal, he was cursed, and he could not die. What in the world was I thinking falling for him? Wasn’t I just determined to wait for him to give me a reason? But the longer I looked into his eyes, reason was beginning to lose. His dangerous edge, fringed with a gentle side, was like an addictive poison running through my veins. I was caving in.






BACK COVER BLURB: 

Hearing her name started it all.

All eighteen-year-old Jenna wants to do is have a slow paced and predictable summer in the small town of New Roads with her grandfather. But on Friday the thirteenth, the unpredictable occurs when she mysteriously hears a voice leading her to a buried book. Jenna is unaware that a secret curse lies within and she’s just unleashed its hold.

As writings appear in the book strangely matching her vivid dreams, Jenna's curious nature takes over pulling her deeper into the mystery and the connection to her family. What she didn't expect to find was a forbidden love and a choice to save a life.

Will Jenna’s choice remain a secret? Or did the secret choose her?

No comments:

Post a Comment